As we near the end of 2020, forecasters are making their predictions on the trends that will gain traction in 2021. Here’s what’s in…
- Global taste traveling – Mexican churros & recados (sour orange & annatto-flavoured Yucatan spice paste used in meat marinades), Southern Italian condiment known as salmoriglio (blend of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic & fresh oregano). West African & regional Indian.
- Coffee moves out of the cup – Coffee flavors in more applications
- Flavours with health benefits – Turmeric, green tea, cocoa, yuzu & exotic fruits
- A deep dive into umami – Soy sauce, fish sauce, fruit vinegars, new mushroom varieties & seaweed.
- Revisiting Chinese-American cuisine