- Givaudan Signs Joint Venture with Privi Speciality Chemicals Limitedon July 29, 2021 at 4:18 am
Through the agreement, a new greenfield production plant will be built in Mahad to manufacture specialty ingredients.
- Extracting Plants Using Supercritical Glycerinon July 28, 2021 at 9:36 am
With Cannabis sativa as an initial target, supercritical glycerin could be used as a solvent to extract natural bioactive compounds.
- Stevens Point Brewery Releases Limited Edition Soda Flavoron July 28, 2021 at 5:16 am
The grape flavor will be available throughout the U.S. this summer.
- Laura Biagiotti Debuts Fragrance Inspired by the Ryder Cupon July 28, 2021 at 4:59 am
Roma Uomo Green Swing celebrates both the company’s sustainable values and the 44th edition of the Ryder Cup golf competition.
- ADM Reports Q2 Earningson July 28, 2021 at 4:32 am
Second-quarter results delivered record earnings, with strong year-over-year profit growth across all three business units.
- DSM Acquires Midori USA, Inc.on July 28, 2021 at 4:18 am
DSM and Midori's first collaboration will leverage functional modulation of the gut microbiome to improve the gut health, feed efficiency and welfare of poultry.
- Symrise Diana Pet Food Expands Palatability Measurement Serviceson July 28, 2021 at 3:59 am
The new panel will host 40 adopted cats and kittens to test Panelis food and treats.
- Givaudan Invests in Series A Fundraising for Next Beauty Chinaon July 28, 2021 at 1:40 am
Next Beauty offers knowledge of the Chinese beauty market and valuable insight into key trends.
- Fueguia Celebrates World Conservation Dayon July 28, 2021 at 1:23 am
The video highlights Fueguia 1833's commitment to nature and sustainability in fragrance production.
- Victoria's Secret Launches Latest Fragranceon July 27, 2021 at 8:07 am
VS names musician Madison Beer as Tease Crème Cloud face.
- Dolly Parton Debuts Summer Fragranceon July 27, 2021 at 7:35 am
The fragrance is currently available in a small discovery size.
- Dairy Queen Partners with Reese's for August Blizzard Flavoron July 27, 2021 at 5:48 am
The August Blizzard flavor combines both Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces with peanut butter and chocolate toppings.
- Lay's Releases Flavor Swap Lineup With Doritos And Funyunson July 27, 2021 at 5:38 am
The flavor combinations will be available for a limited time.
- Genomatica Closes $118M Series C for Sustainable Materialson July 27, 2021 at 3:44 am
Genomatica will use the investment to scale production and invest in new technologies.
- Givaudan Debuts Two Fragrance Technologieson July 27, 2021 at 3:02 am
Phytogaia and Thalassogaia capture molecules from forest and ocean environments.
- Le Labo Releases Travel Fragrance Lineon July 26, 2021 at 8:14 am
The collection includes seven scents available in travel-friendly 30 ml bottles.
- Hermès Debuts Addition to Summer Fragrance Collectionon July 26, 2021 at 7:48 am
The ginger fragrance includes floral and cedar notes.
- Coffee Mate Launches Fall 2021 Creamer Lineupon July 26, 2021 at 7:23 am
The fall line will be available throughout the U.S. beginning in August.
- ADM to Acquire Sojaproteinon July 26, 2021 at 6:58 am
The acquisition supports ADM's recent investments in alternative proteins.
- Sensient Reports Q2 Resultson July 26, 2021 at 6:33 am
The 2021 second quarter reported results include divestiture, operational improvement plan costs and more.
- UV Vodka debuts photochromic bottleon July 29, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Beginning this month, UV Vodka will get a fresh new look with the launch of a new photochromic bottle design that activates a bright spectrum of colors when exposed to UV sunlight.
- Yoion July 29, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Yoi, which means "good" in Japanese, launched in Bay Area independent grocers this month with its Probiotic Nut & Seedmilks line.
- Automated guided vehicles optimize supply chain distributionby email@example.com (Barbara Harfmann) on July 29, 2021 at 4:00 am
Based on a severe worker shortage, automated guided vehicles (AGVs) are enabling companies to rethink the deployment of their workforce. Designed to run on the warehouse floor and handle repetitive tasks, some AGV models can reach and retrieve pallets with or without an operator.
- CALIROSAon July 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Premium tequila brand CALIROSA announced its launch in 14 states with wider distribution to roll out across the United States and Mexico later in the year.
- LIFEAID launches functional drinks to boost post-workout recoveryby Graybills@bnpmedia.com (Sarah Graybill) on July 28, 2021 at 4:00 am
LIFEAID Beverage Co. has hit the ground running post-pandemic with two recent product launches and a return to in-person tastings. On the road ahead, consumers can expect to see more functional offerings and “exciting” news in 2022.
- Celsius Tropical Vibeon July 27, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Celsius Holdings Inc. announced the launch of its newest flavor: Tropical Vibe.
- Keurig debuts BrewID, next-generation technology platformon July 27, 2021 at 11:45 am
Keurig Dr Pepper, Burlington, Mass., and Frisco, Texas, introduced BrewID, a next-generation technology platform designed to give consumers a customized coffee. The first brewer to feature this technology, the K-Supreme Plus SMART brewer with BrewID, now is available on Keurig.com.
- Hard seltzers comprise 7% of total beverage alcoholby firstname.lastname@example.org (Barbara Harfmann) on July 27, 2021 at 4:00 am
Hard seltzers are sizzling hot in the beverage marketplace, now comprising 7% of total beverage alcohol. Brands that want to succeed will need to entice consumers with flavor and formulation innovation and convenient RTD packaging.
- Next Frontier Brands acquires Snow Leopard Vodkaon July 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Next Frontier Brands, Boulder, Colo., announced its acquisition of Snow Leopard Vodka from Edrington, the makers of ultra-premium global spirits.
- Dogfish Head Distilling launches Let’s Get Lost American Single Malt Whiskeyon July 26, 2021 at 3:45 pm
Dogfish Head Distilling Co., Milton, Del., announced the launch of its first single malt whiskey: Let’s Get Lost (51% ABV). Making its way to shelves now, Let’s Get Lost is an award-winning American Single Malt Whiskey that is distilled from a custom blend of malted barley and aged onsite for more than three years in charred oak barrels. The resulting caramel-colored liquid is layered with nuanced flavors that are both warming and enticing, the company says.
- 1800 The Ultimate Margarita Black Cherryon July 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm
1800 Tequila The Ultimate Margarita, a brand of Proximo Spirits Inc., debuts Black Cherry.
- Boston Beer reports net revenue increases for Q2on July 23, 2021 at 8:00 pm
The Boston Beer Co. Inc., Boston, reported second quarter 2021 net revenue of $602.8 million, an increase of $150.7 million or 33.3%, from the same period last year.
- Gatorade launches Champions Edition collectors’ bottleson July 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Gatorade launched a set of six limited-time Champions Edition collectors’ bottles inspired by three-time heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali to celebrate the impact the Greatest of All Time had on sport and society.
- Health-Ade Popon July 23, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Health-Ade launched a modernized version of their prebiotic soda line, Health-Ade Pop, formerly known as Health-Ade Booch Pop.
- Beam Suntory, Boston Beer partner to expand iconic brandson July 22, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Chicago-based Beam Suntory and The Boston Beer Co., Boston, have formed a long-term, strategic partnership to extend select iconic brands into some of the fastest-growing beverage alcohol segments.
- Cincoro Tequila releases bottle in honor of Milwaukee Buckson July 22, 2021 at 2:00 pm
In honor of the Milwaukee Bucks winning the 2021 NBA Championship, Cincoro Tequila has created a limited-edition 2021 NBA Trophy Bottle.
- Cubiston July 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Phillips Distilling Co. announced the introduction of Cubist, a “freezer vodka.”
- Celestial Seasonings Cold Brew Iced Teaon July 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Celestial Seasonings, a brand of The Hain Celestial Group Inc., released Cold Brew Iced Tea, is a fresh take on iced tea that is available in five varieties.
- How to Choose the Right Spirits Partneron July 21, 2021 at 4:00 am
We asked Cathy Steen, Chief Commercial Officer at Green River Spirits Co., an organization specializing in the production of award-winning spirits and providing world class logistics support for customers.
- [ yellow tail ] PURE BRIGHTon July 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Available nationally, [ yellow tail ], a wine brand for Casella Family Brands, released PURE BRIGHT, a lower calorie, lower alcohol wine with each serving containing 85 calories or less, the company says.
- Vizzy releases new watermelon hard seltzer variety packon July 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
Just in time for National Watermelon Day on Aug. 3, Vizzy, a brand of Chicago-based Molson Coors Beverage Co., released four new watermelon hard seltzer combinations: Blueberry Watermelon, Kiwi Watermelon, Passionfruit Watermelon and Mango Watermelon.
- Energy market thrives during pandemicby email@example.com (Jessica Jacobsen) on July 20, 2021 at 4:00 am
In today’s beverage market, the energy drinks and shots category is leaving its mark as more consumers are relying on the product’s key attribute ― energy ― to get through the day.
- SweetWater Brewing expands lineup with 420 Imperial IPAon July 19, 2021 at 7:30 pm
SweetWater Brewing Co. LLC, Atlanta, announced the launch of 420 Imperial IPA ― the first line extension off of its flagship 420 brand. A fresh take on ingredients from the original SweetWater 420 Extra Pale Ale, the Imperial IPA combines numerous hops in this new high-ABV brew.
- Primo Water announces acquisition of Earth2Oon July 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Primo Water Corp., Tampa, Fla., announced that Primo Water North America (PWNA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Primo, substantially acquired all of the assets of The Sweetwater Co. Inc., doing business as Earth2O. The bottled water company is based in Oregon and known for its commitment to sustainable water, environmental responsibility and natural, pure spring water from Oregon's Cascade Range.
- Reed’s REAL Ginger Ale Mocktailson July 19, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Reed’s Inc. launched two new, zero-sugar REAL Ginger Ale Mocktails: Shirley Tempting and Transfusion.
- Consumers’ one-stop shopping lifts club store channelby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jessica Jacobsen) on July 19, 2021 at 4:00 am
When it came to shopping this past year, many consumers prioritized one-stop shopping and cost savings as they dealt with the complexities of the pandemic. These priorities aided the warehouse clubs and supercenters channel as more consumers stockpiled goods and dealt with reduced shopping options.
- Jones Soda creates custom 12-pack for Costco’s Bay Area locationson July 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Jones Soda Co., Seattle, created a limited-edition, three-flavor Red, White and Blue 12-pack for Costco’s 57 Bay Area locations.
- Bread & Butter Proseccoon July 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Bread & Butter Wines launched its newest, and first sparkling, wine: Bread & Butter Prosecco, an Italian DOC Prosecco.
- Smarter hydration takes center stage in beverage developmentby email@example.com (Jessica Jacobsen) on July 16, 2021 at 4:00 am
Many consumers understand the importance of hydration, but survey data shows they might need a reminder about what proper hydration entails.
- Kill Cliff marks 10th anniversary with commemorative canon July 15, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Kill Cliff, Atlanta, marked its 10th anniversary and longtime partnership with the Navy SEAL Foundation (NSF) by dropping a limited-edition commemorative can.
- Constellation Brands acquires minority stake in adaptogen-infused Hop Wtrby Rachel Arthur on July 29, 2021 at 9:34 am
Constellation Brands has invested in Californiaâs Hop Wtr, a non-alcoholic, calorie-free sparkling water infused with adaptogens and nootropics.
- AB InBev Q2: Top-line growth ahead of pre-pandemic levelsby Rachel Arthur on July 29, 2021 at 9:32 am
Despite the ongoing impact of the pandemic, AB InBev saw top-line growth of 3.2% ahead of the same quarter in 2019. âWe remain focused on investing in and accelerating what is already working: category development, premiumization, health and wellness, beyond beer and our digital transformation initiatives,â says the company.
- Why packaging made from crop waste allows companies to move towards ‘genuinely sustainable’ innovationby Oliver Morrison on July 28, 2021 at 3:48 pm
A company is making paper packaging products for the food industry using crop waste materials such as apple skins, avocado peel and mango pips.
- Celestial Seasonings sustains double-digit growth in packaged tea: ‘It’s flavor-forward, it’s global, it's better for you’by Elaine Watson on July 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
US retail sales of packaged tea have been sluggish in recent years, with Nielsen data* showing a flat market until 2020, when covid prompted a 16.8% surge, before everything slowed back down again. Celestial Seasonings, however, has maintained double-digit growth in recent months, driven by a raft of on-trend launches, says general manager Tim Collins.
- Coca-Cola trials ‘packaging-free, self-pour, self-pay’ tech in Spainby Rachel Arthur on July 27, 2021 at 1:08 pm
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners is trialling new drinks dispensing technology in Spain: which allows consumers to serve themselves, refill drinks and pay directly from the tap.
- Nestlé and Starbucks to bring RTD coffee to Southeast Asia, Oceania and Latin Americaby Rachel Arthur on July 27, 2021 at 9:53 am
Building on a global coffee alliance formed in 2018, NestlÃ and Starbucks have announced a new collaboration to bring Starbucks RTD coffee drinks to select markets in Southeast Asia, Oceania and Latin America from 2022.
- What's hitting the shelves? New beverage launchesby Rachel Arthur on July 27, 2021 at 9:49 am
From functional waters to RTD cocktails, we take a look at some of the new products hitting the shelves around the globe this month.
- Cream rising: Nestle Japan promotes wider use of beverage creamer for cooking purposesby Guan Yu Lim on July 27, 2021 at 7:57 am
Nestle Japan is promoting the wider use of its powdered creamer for coffee and tea by promoting its use for cooking applications.
- Coca-Cola reveals early learnings from Topo Chico Hard Seltzer launchby Rachel Arthur on July 26, 2021 at 8:38 am
Coca-Colaâs Topo Chico Hard Seltzer has entered a buzzing â but also competitive â hard seltzer market. What has the company learned from its first months in the US and other markets? And with the brand representing Coca-Colaâs first global push into alcohol, can we expect more alcohol launches from the soft drinks giant to follow?
- World’s only potato-based dairy alternative unveiledby Oliver Morrison on July 23, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Swedish-based food start-up Veg of Lund has teamed up with Professor Eva Tornberg at Lund University to introduce a plant milk made with the humble potato.
- IFT FIRST: Consumer priorities continue to shift to prioritize convenience and a balance of healthy and fun, says Mintelby Elizabeth Crawford on July 23, 2021 at 11:30 am
Consumersâ intense focus on healthy eating and immunity-boosting foods is beginning to wane as more people become vaccinated, creating space for more indulgence and a back-to-basics approach to food, according to Mintel data.
- Beyond immunity: What 'superpowers' do today’s consumers want from their beverages?by Rachel Arthur on July 23, 2021 at 11:04 am
The pandemic has propelled immunity to the top of the functional beverage agenda. But that doesnât mean interest in other functional beverages has disappeared. We ask the experts what trends are bubbling away beneath the pandemic headlines â and will become all the more important to everyday heros in the coming years.
- Is immunity really the top functional choice for consumers in a pandemic era?by Rachel Arthur on July 23, 2021 at 11:02 am
It sounds pretty logical â the pandemic has prompted increased interest in immunity across F&B. But is it really top dog in the world of functional beverages â or are there other claims consumers are more interested in?
- Euromonitor Immunity Report: How to appeal to the holistic health shopperby Nikki Hancocks on July 23, 2021 at 10:22 am
As consumers search for holistic and natural ways to improve their immunity, Euromonitor has published a new white paper examining how brands can appeal in a competitive and confusing market.
- Coca-Cola Co. leverages ‘disciplined’ innovation, increases marketing to build on strong Q2 resultsby Elizabeth Crawford on July 22, 2021 at 12:53 pm
The Coca-Cola Co. plans to build on the strong momentum in its second quarter that allowed it to raise its full-year guidance by intensifying the amount and efficacy of promotions going forward and continuing to innovate with a âdisciplined approach to scaling big bets,â executives said Wednesday.
- Huel sales set to take off with airport vending machines and supermarket expansionby Nikki Hancocks on July 22, 2021 at 9:47 am
Huel has set its sights high for on-the-go sales as it announces the inception of its own vending machines in the UK's biggest airport as well as the launch of its products across 500 major supermarkets.
- Tetra Pak and Stora Enso to triple Polish recycling beverage carton capacityby Jim Cornall on July 22, 2021 at 9:25 am
Tetra Pak and Stora Enso are partnering with the aim of providing circular solutions to the market by investing in a recycling solution set to triple recycling in Central and Eastern Europe.
- What happened to Nitro Pepsi? 'Stay tuned,' says PepsiCoby Mary Ellen Shoup on July 21, 2021 at 3:44 pm
More than two and a half years after teasing the launch of Nitro Pepsi â a cola carbonated with nitrogen instead of carbon dioxide creating a velvety, smooth texture â PepsiCo says it is putting âthe finishing touches on our roll out plans.â
- ‘A new toolkit for sugar reduction’: Sweegen’s Reb M gets safety nod in Europeby Katy Askew on July 19, 2021 at 3:55 pm
The European Commission has approved the use of Sweegenâs non-GMO Signature Bestevia Rebaudioside M (Reb M) for use in food and beverages. âWe are opening the doors for product developers to explore a new toolkit for sugar reduction across all products categories,â SVP of sales Luca Giannone tells FoodNavigator.
- Beam Suntory and Boston Beer partner to expand Sauza and Trulyby Rachel Arthur on July 19, 2021 at 12:15 pm
Beam Suntory and The Boston Beer Company have formed a long-term, strategic partnership to extend select brands: starting with expanding Sauza tequila further into RTDs and Truly Hard Seltzer into bottled spirits.