Last Updated on November 13, 2020 by Novotaste
1 SCRAMBLED & BAKED EGGS
Eggs, a brunch powerhouse, become more complex when infused with miso. Operators can look to the fermented, salty taste of miso to deepen these dishes.
- Creamed Eggs: Whisked eggs combined with white miso and sour cream, cooked to a soft scramble and topped with chipotle-tequila salsa
- Mushroom Florentine Frittata: Whisked eggs, fresh spinach and Gruyère combined with caramelized onions and mushrooms flavored with red miso and baked as a classic frittata
2 POACHED EGGS
Poaching eggs in miso broth lends savoriness, adding dimension to the traditional profile. This technique builds luxurious comfort to any poached egg treatment.
- Farmhouse Benedict: Two eggs poached in white miso broth perched atop toasted thick-sliced potato bread stacked with roasted vegetable jam and carved ham, all coated with a classic hollandaise
- Artichoke & Egg Dip: Egg poached in white miso broth nestled into a bowl of creamy sun-dried tomato-artichoke dip and served with pita chips
3 POTATOES & SWEET POTATOES
Use the menu familiarity of these two ingredients as a springboard to expand the creativity of brunch offerings. Their earthy attributes make for an ideal pairing with miso.
- Tahini Sweet Potato Hash: Chunks of baked sweet potato griddled with red bell peppers and red onions, tossed in red miso-tahini sauce
- Pesto Fingerlings: Roasted fingerling potatoes coated with broccoli pesto enriched with white miso
Traditional meat gravy is primed for a dose of unexpected flavor. Use miso to deepen the richness of gravy, creating an amplified signature taste. Biscuits, omelettes, bowls and other brunch favorites will benefit from this crave-inducing approach.
- Croissant Strata with Sausage Gravy: Croissant, egg and cheese strata topped with chicken sausage gravy fortified with white miso
- B-fast Lasagna: Layers of lasagna sheets, crispy shredded hash browns, Jack cheese and creamy chicken-tomato gravy (with red miso), baked and cut into wedges
5 SAVORY OATS
The judicious addition of miso to oats broadens the menu perceptions and possibilities of both. Miso brings a punch of delectable flavor that renews even the most basic oat-based dishes.
- Savory Porridge: Rolled oats simmered in white miso-flavored water to a thick and creamy porridge, then scooped into a bowl and topped with sausage crumbles, micro greens and frizzled leeks
- Savory/Sweet Granola: Rolled oats/pepitas/puffed brown rice flavored with red miso, maple syrup and cayenne, baked until crunchy; cooled and combined with shaved coconut, black sesame seeds and glazed orange peel
6 MINI SWEETS
Mini handheld treats provide opportunities to explore and deliver whimsy, while packing big flavor into a small format. Incorporate the saltiness of miso for an ideal counterbalance to sweeter flavors.
- Apple-Walnut Sticky Buns: Bun dough spread with a blend of softened butter, brown sugar, white miso, cinnamon, chopped apples and walnuts; rolled, sliced small, glazed and baked
- Cosmic Doughnuts: Miniature powdered sugar doughnuts served with warm raspberry jam flavored with red miso