Our mission is to provide our customers with safe, reliable and high quality products. In order to eliminate the risks of allergen contamination, we have adopted the following protocols:
- Novotaste stringently adheres to the list of allergens established by the CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) for the allergen management of all raw materials.
- Coconut, soya and sulfites are the only allergens permitted within Novotaste’s production, and the use of these is strictly controlled. Any product containing one of these allergens will be clearly labelled and identified.
- Novotaste is an entirely nut free facility.
- A detailed allergen risk assessment is included in Novotaste’s HACCP system.
- Cleaning procedures are systematically monitored, verified and validated.
- All inventory management procedures and production organization are managed to reduce the risk of potential allergen cross contamination.
- All production, quality control and quality assurance staff are provided training on allergen risk awareness.
- All incoming materials are sourced from reliable suppliers only, which have undergone a stringent approval process. Allergen & other quality documentation from suppliers is verified and kept up to date.
Additionally, Novotaste recognizes the concern of the industry for other cross contamination risks, such as GMO’s. Whether it be physical, biological or chemical – from reception to shipping and all along the production process Novotaste has implemented strict protocols to prevent cross contamination.